Saturday, October 29, 2011
Blogger's Quilt Festival... my entry
Seeing as how I am a new blogger in Blogland, this is my first Blogger's Quilt Festival. Well, I just blogged about this quilt, but I'm following the rules. Also, I guess there's more to tell...
I made this quilt for my friend who is the mom of my daughter's best friend. After a couple of miscarriages, she had a "sticky" pregnancy, but suffered through a subchorionic hematoma and bedrest through week 24 or so. All the while, I was secretly working on this quilt. As I said in my earlier post, I got the idea from this quilt.
My daughter helped me pick out the kids to use in the log cabin blocks. I had the hardest time with the roofs of the houses. I couldn't seem to get the "sky" fabric oriented the right way and ended up doing several roofs two or three times. I quilted with diagonal straight lines. It was the first time I used blue painter's tape to mark my lines. So helpful!
This is my favorite of the quilts I have made. Before I gave it to my friend, I would look at it every day and think about that baby. Well, 3 months have passed since he was born (4 weeks early), and he is doing great. He's doing all the things infants are supposed to do. Some day I hope to get a picture of him on his quilt. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love this! The prints make these houses so much fun!
super cute quilt!
Oh goodness. That is such a cute quilt!
Oooh a new blogger and a new quilter, welcome! Such a cute quilt and a sweet story to go with it. Love the little people in the doors.
This quilt is so fun. I love the houses and the little kids inside. I think that your friend is so lucky to have you in her life to create something she will treasure forever. Congrats on your new blog/new quilting. Welcome to the online quilting world -- keep up the great work =)
It's a lovely quilt. And wonderful story.
Dsrling quilt and so very glad it turned out for your friend and her aby. I can relate to the roof thing from doing a quilt with lots of houses...next time i'd definitely pick non directional sky!! Thanks for sharing and have a great day
Oh so adorable quilt! I know you posted it awhile back, but I just found my way to your blog. : ) Happy New Year!
Post a Comment