Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dream Boxes


I'm going to show you my quilts that I have made, in random order. I made this with 10-12 fat quarters of Dream On by Urban Chiks.  It's based on Amanda Jean's Filmstrip quilt. I decided to offset the squares rather than have the solid centers in a row and the patterned centers in a row.  Well, my daughter decided that, actually.  It is for her, after all.  



I used an Ikea sheet (gasp!) for the back, along with some leftover squares. My actual quilting skills leave a lot to be desired, as evidenced by the crooked "straight" line quilting I did. The binding is Kona Blueberry.  This quilt is now one of 8 quilt she has on her bed. The quilt is almost twin-sized--the biggest of the quilts I've made. I don't think I could handle anything bigger. Not yet, at least

No comments: